Terms and Conditions
1. General Provisions
2. Ownership and License
- All images, documents and materials that are part of products or services provided to User by SkyGeo (“Product” and “Products”) or that are made available to User through access to online digital information or the online website of SkyGeo (“Portal”) are licensed, not sold. All title in and to all intellectual property in or related to the data and product is and will remain the exclusive property of SkyGeo or the applicable satellite owner.
- SkyGeo grants the User a non-transferable and non- exclusive license for the use of “Product” and “Products”.
- The contents of SkyGeo’s Portal and Products are intended for non-commercial use. The license allows Users to use the Products or to visit the Portal of SkyGeo, and to download and copy information, images, documents and materials from the website for non-commercial internal use. SkyGeo does not grant the right to resell or redistribute any information, documents, images or material from its Products or its Portal or to compile or create derivative works from material on its Products or Portal.
- Contractors of Users are not allowed access to the Product and the Portal of SkyGeo unless (a) such access is strictly confined to the works or services they are contracted for and only if such works or services are directly related to the business operations of User, and (b) they have signed and agreed to a non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement with User which at minimum covers the issues of these general terms and conditions and (c) they are held to return to User or destroy all information from the Products or Portal of SkyGeo at the end of their assignment.
- All material published in the Products or on the Portal is protected by copyright or other intellectual and industrial property rights. These rights are owned or controlled by SkyGeo or the party credited as the provider of the content, software or other material.
- If copyright on materials that are part of the Products or Portal is recognised by an appropriate on-screen credit or credits in a form such as for example “produced from European Space Agency remote sensing data” and “image processed by SkyGeo”, such credit or credits may not be removed.
- Users may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display or in any way exploit any of the content, software, material or services, in whole or in part, without obtaining prior written authorisation of SkyGeo. In order to obtain authorisation to display or use any content of the Products or Portal, please make a request for authorization with SkyGeo.
- The Products and Portal are intended to be interpreted and used by individuals working for or contracted by User that are familiar with the advantages and limitations of INSAR.
- User is aware that the deformation reflection points shown in the Product or Products or on the Portal (a) do not constitute an exhaustive overview of all possible deformation points in a certain area, (b) are the result of an iteration process where many reflection points that did not give sufficient or stable or interpretable information have been filtered out, which does not necessarily mean that no deformation has occurred on such a specific location, (c) give accurate information about deformation of a location that can lay within a range of app. 6 meters of the point indicated on a map of SkyGeo and (d) are the result of and limited by the quality and number of satellite radar images accessible to and processed by SkyGeo.
- SkyGeo does not guarantee the suitability of its Products or Portal for the purpose of any of Users’ operations or projects.
5. Limitation of liability
- Neither SkyGeo nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the SkyGeo Product or the Portal shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of Users’ access to, or use of the Product or the Portal.
- SkyGeo does not guarantee the frequency of availability and accuracy of information provided by external sources (e.g. satellite owners/image providers) that is used or to be used by SkyGeo to produce it’s Product or Portal.
- SkyGeo accepts no responsibility or liability for any consequences arising from the use of such data.
- Regardless of the aforementioned, SkyGeo shall never be liable for any damages that exceed the price a User paid to SkyGeo for the use of the Product or the Portal in the year preceding the day the damages occurred.
- Though SkyGeo uses the best technical standards and efforts to control its Products and its Portal, the Product or material on the Portal may inadvertently include technical inaccuracies or other errors. SkyGeo will be grateful if users could notify SkyGeo of any errors or inaccuracies they may find.
- Users browse and use the Products and the Portal at their own risk. SkyGeo does not warrant that the functional aspects of the Products or the Portal will be uninterrupted or error free or that these Products or this Portal, or the server that makes it available, are free or viruses or other harmful components.
- SkyGeo may change material on the site without prior notice.
6. Access and availability of service and links
- SkyGeo’s Portal and Products may contain links and references to third-party websites. These are provided for the convenience and interest of users and on the part of SkyGeo this implies neither responsibility for, nor approval of, information contained in these websites.
- SkyGeo makes no warranty, either explicit or implied, as to the accuracy, availability or content of information, text, graphics which are not under the SkyGeo domain. SkyGeo has not tested any software located on other sites and does not make any representation as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software.