InSAR Monitoring for Geotechnical Risk Management in Mining
Friday 23 February 2024
Venue: Namakwari Lodge, 1 Frikkie Meyer St, Kathu, Northern Cape, South Africa
Overview and Outcomes
Join us for an enriching one-day InSAR training session explicitly for geotechnical and process engineers in the South African mining sector. This comprehensive program will equip you with fundamental knowledge and practical skills in applying Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (InSAR) technology, a crucial tool in mine monitoring and safety management. Through this session, you will:
● Gain a Solid Foundation: Understand the basic principles of InSAR and learn about data acquisition and processing.
● Apply InSAR to Real-World Scenarios: Explore case studies focused on mine stability monitoring, subsidence, and failures, highlighting the practical application of InSAR in mining operations.
● Engage in Hands-On Learning: Participate in a workshop using InSAR software tools to process sample data, gaining hands-on experience interpreting results for geotechnical applications.
● Stay Ahead with Advanced Knowledge: Discover the latest developments and trends in InSAR technologies, preparing you for future challenges and innovations in mining geotechnics.
● Interactive Expert Insights: Engage in a panel discussion with experts, addressing specific challenges and solutions in South African mines.
This training session is a unique opportunity to enhance your technical skills, stay updated with industry trends, and network with peers and experts. Enhance your professional capabilities and contribute more effectively to the safety and efficiency of mining operations.