About the Role:
We are seeking a Regional Sales Lead to lead our sales efforts in Germany.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, and can think laterally to bring our solutions into the civil engineering and / or energy and / or mining sectors.
You will be responsible to understand the nuances of the sector and how to most effectively bring our data into the following segments: commercial accounts, government accounts, and partners.
In this role, you will be responsible to develop and execute the sales strategy and increase revenue through new and existing sales opportunities – specifically within the Civil engineering and/or energy and/or mining sectors.
You will drive new solutions using SkyGeo’s ground-breaking technologies to solve large geotechnical problems within these markets.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a growth-oriented problem solver, entrepreneurial and skilled in consultative solution selling.
You will be expected to draw on your keen technical sales abilities to craft a consultative sales approach as you learn about the potential client, discuss specific solutions, and demonstrate our products and services for demanding technical users.
You must be capable of working within a highly motivated team to drive the business forward as you will also work closely with the combined groups of Engineering, Product Management and Development to ensure consistency of execution.
The outcome you will own: ramp-up SkyGeo’s business in Germany – create your own new large opportunities
What you will own:
- Drive sustainable success of the SkyGeo InSAR monitoring products and services to technical users in the civil engineering and / or energy and / or mining sectors in Germany
- Identify and target key prospects in your region
- Manage and grow the pipeline effectively
- Close sales and manage customer expectations as company grows
- Work closely with customers and possible service providers to understand and scope unsolved problems
- Execute plans for incrementally growing new accounts – read: make appointments and follow up with inbound leads
What You Bring:
- Consultative solution selling skills
- Hunt, prospect and qualify leads
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals
- Business mindset, able to develop and own the strategy for the region
- A strong history of exceeding revenue to targets, penetrating new markets and building thriving sales teams
- Ability to act as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages: German and English
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Fast learner, able to quickly pick up and articulate the unique value of SkyGeo’s Earth solutions in the civil engineering and/or energy and/or mining industry.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- 5+ years of related experience in a sales environment in the civil engineering and / or energy and / or mining sectors and / or remote sensing, geomatics in the region
- MSc. / BSc. or equivalent degree in Geology, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, Surveying / Geodesy, or a related field. Related experience will also be considered.
- Well established network in civil engineering and / or energy and / or mining sectors in Germany
- Enterprise and / or SaaS technical sales experience is a plus along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery, and customer specifications to their managers.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
Benefits While Working at SkyGeo:
- A unique opportunity to develop a new market, building on the successes of our company
- Competitive salary, plus bonuses based on your performance
- Be part of a vibrant international company
- Experience a fast-paced Earth Observation Company
- Personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations.