About the Role:
We are seeking a Regional Strategic Account Manager Mining to lead our expansion in South America.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, who can bring our solutions into the mining sector.
You will drive new solutions using SkyGeo’s ground-breaking technologies to solve large geotechnical problems within these markets.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a self-starter, growth-oriented problem solver, entrepreneurial and skilled in consultative solution selling.
You will be expected to draw on your keen technical sales abilities to craft a consultative sales approach as you learn about the potential client, discuss specific solutions, and demonstrate our products and services for demanding technical users.
You must be capable of working within a highly motivated team to drive the business forward as you will also work closely with the combined groups of Engineering, Product Management and Development to ensure consistency of execution.
The outcome you will own: ramp-up SkyGeo’s business in South America – create your own new large opportunities
What you will own:
- Drive the go-to-market and ongoing adoption of the SkyGeo InSAR monitoring products and services to technical users in the mining sector in South America
- Identify and target key prospects in your region
- Close sales and manage customer relations as the company grows
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence
- Work closely with customers and possible service providers to understand and scope unsolved problems
- Execute plans for incrementally growing new accounts – read: make appointments and follow up with inbound leads
What You Bring:
- Consultative solution selling skills
- Hunt, prospect and qualify leads
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals
- Business mindset, able to develop and own the strategy for the region
- A strong history of exceeding revenue to targets, penetrating new markets and building thriving sales teams
- Ability to act as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages: Spanish and English
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Fast learner, able to quickly pick up and articulate the unique value of SkyGeo’s Earth solutions in the mining industry.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- 5+ years of related experience in a sales environment in the mining or related sector in the region
- MSc/BSc or equivalent degree in Geology, Geotechnical/Rock engineering, Civil Engineering, Surveying, or a related field. Related experience will also be considered.
- Well established network in mining in South America
- Technical sales experience is a plus along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery, and customer specifications to their managers.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
Benefits While Working at SkyGeo:
- Competitive salary. Bonuses based on your performance
- Be part of a vibrant international company
- Experience a fast-paced Earth Observation Company
- Personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations.