We are seeking a dynamic and customer-focused Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in a consultancy role. As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a vital role in implementing and integrating our data solutions into geotechnical engineering practices for our mining customers. Your expertise and strong communication skills will be key as you will work closely with customers to provide tailored solutions. In this customer-centric role, you will collaborate with a motivated team of Engineering and Sales professionals, delivering exceptional service to our clients.
- Consultancy and Solution Development:
- Engage with customers and partners as a trusted consultant
- Discover and propose innovative ways to integrate our data products and services into existing workflows, addressing stability challenges and optimizing mining operations.
- Configure our offerings to meet the specific technical requirements of customers, ensuring seamless integration with their systems.
- Data Visualization and Analysis:
- Create compelling visualizations, such as animations, graphs, cross-sections, and maps, to effectively communicate geotechnical insights and stability patterns to customers.
- Rapidly learn how to use SAR and InSAR data streams, and provide valuable data-driven insights to customers.
- Collaborate closely with geoscientists and engineering domain experts at customer sites to understand their needs and deliver actionable results.
- Collaboration and Teamwork:
- Work closely with our InSAR Engineers in the Data Analytics team, who provide and configure the data sets, ensuring a seamless flow of information and integration with customer systems.
- Collaborate effectively with internal Engineering and Sales teams to coordinate project delivery and provide exceptional service to customers.
- Technical Expertise and Documentation:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, integrating various datasets to assess geotechnical risks and develop comprehensive solutions.
- Stay inquisitive and continuously explore novel techniques and approaches to address geotechnical challenges in the mining industry.
- Contribute to technical writing, including reports and documentation, and maintain open and continuous communication with customers.
- Education and Experience:
- M.Sc. in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience as a Geotechnical Engineering domain expert, preferably in the mining industry. Experience in academia (PhD or similar) in an applied field related to the described role counts towards the working experience.
- Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in technical computing software for data analysis and visualization.
- Solid understanding of integrating various datasets in the context of mine geotechnical management.
- Experience with conventional GIS and related software commonly used in the industry.
- Familiarity with remote sensing or surveying methods is a plus.
- Characteristics and Communication:
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy in work.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen interest in discovering and applying novel techniques.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently drive projects and deliver results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey technical information and build rapport with customers.
What we offer
SkyGeo welcomes you into a dynamic, international team. You will work on a variety of projects with customers all over the world.
- Physical office located in the charming historical centre of Delft, with the possibility to work remotely following on-site training
- We sponsor HSM visas
- Multicultural environment
- A competitive salary adapted to your qualifications and experience
- 20 days of holiday
- Commute expenses
- Possibility to get a company laptop
Delft, The Netherlands or remote
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you. We offer extensive training on the job, and encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements.