About the role:
We are seeking an Business Manager to lead our efforts and build our team in North America.
- You can act on the vision of the company to bring our solutions into the Energy and Geotechnical engineering industries.
- You will understand the nuances of the way customers work in the sector and how to effectively bring our data into the private and government accounts.
- You will drive new solutions using SkyGeo’s ground-breaking technologies to help solve large geotechnical problems within these markets.
- You will be expected to draw on your keen technical sales abilities to craft a consultative sales approach as you learn about the potential client and design specific solutions with these clients.
- You must be capable of working closely within a highly motivated team of Account Executives and Sales Engineering to ensure consistency of execution.
- The outcome you will own: set up a sustainable business in North America – create your own new large opportunities together with the SkyGeo team
What you will own:
- Drive the revenue from the SkyGeo InSAR monitoring products and services in the North American energy and geotechnical engineering sector
- Work closely with customers and other members of our sales and technical teams to deeply understand our prospects and scope unsolved problems
- Identify and grow new business opportunities and prospects in the industry
- Execute plans for incrementally growing new accounts – make appointments and follow up with inbound leads
- Build, grow and manage the sales organization in North America
What you will bring:
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in what is essentially a white space opportunity
- Highly developed consultative / solution selling skills
- Proven ability to source, sell and close large deals
- Business mindset, able to develop and own the sales strategy for the region
- A strong history of exceeding revenue targets preferably in new markets and building thriving sales teams
- Excellent writing skills
- Highly collaborative and inclusive consultative style, able to work together with your colleagues to drive the business forward together as one team
- An inquisitive, growth mindset and strong people skills to build, nurture and support a talented and rapidly evolving organization
What makes you stand out:
- At least 8 years experience in the industry, of which at least 3 in a commercial or consulting role
- Background in Geology, Engineering Geology or Geotechnical Engineering
- Network throughout the region
- Track record of project management, building high performing teams, implementing best practices
- Comfortable in consulting and dealing with ambiguity
Benefits of working for SkyGeo:
- Be part of a vibrant international scale-up
- Help build a fast-paced Earth Observation company
- Personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off
- Market remuneration, partially based on your performance