- We are looking for software engineers to join our team to help develop our online displacement mapping and analysis platform.
- You’ll be working in a small, collaborative team.
- We are a high-tech startup, where you will make a fundamental impact on the success of the company.
- This is part-time or a full-time position, at our office in Delft, The Netherlands.
- We offer a salary in line with your skills and experience.
- You will build out the SkyGeo backend services and integrate various best-in-class point solutions to create a user-centric architecture
- Contribute to the architecture and implementation of SkyGeo internal ERP-like applications linking various image, processing and management services together.
- Apply best practices to improve the functionality and scalability of our customer platform application backends and APIs for a more diverse product range
- Maintain, expand and scale our internal applications for image discovery and processing
- Automate processes for data delivery in the form of datasets, viewers, dashboard and reports to customers
- Support internal and external users with issues related to these applications
- Execute against / deliver input for the product roadmap
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with REST API design. Familiarity with OpenAPI is a pre.
- Fluent with Django, Django Rest Framework, Flask, or Starlette (asyncio)
- Familiarity with automated (unit)testing and CI/CD
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and virtualization (AWS EC2)
- Basic understanding of Linux web server management
- Experience with GIS tools, and Python libraries based on GDAL, GEOS, PROJ.
- Experience with (managed) Kubernetes and Serverless.
- Experience with streaming and scheduling systems such as RabbitMQ/Celery or Kafka
Delft, The Netherlands
SkyGeo is a next generation Earth Observation company. Our global data feed starts on a satellite and provides millimeter-accurate displacement data to customers all over the world.
Our processing engine and our InSAR-based displacement data is fundamentally changing the way our customers look at their assets. We help people manage their assets for the long term and we provide early warnings for prevention of environmental disasters.
Working for SkyGeo is inspiring and challenges you to excel. You will have an opportunity to grow and innovate since the company is at the forefront of InSAR, computational techniques and mapping data onto real world problems.
You will be working in a young, dynamic and supporting team with a get it done attitude. Learning and innovation is encouraged and new ideas embraced. We have social events every two weeks and value strong team-bonding.