We are looking for a communicative engineer or geoscientist who will find new ways to implement and integrate our data in geotechnical engineering practices for mining. You will be discovering new ways to make enormous impact. You will be expected to draw on your keen technical abilities as you discuss specific solutions, and configure our products and services for demanding technical users who need to keep mining operations safe.
You will integrate different types of remote and on-site data and coordinate with users to drive insight into stability patterns. You will work closely with the customers … and with a highly motivated team of our own Engineering and Sales people.
- Configure, understand and optimize our data feed in the context of specific projects to create insights about mine stability and related topics
- Modeling and visualization of data in the software system
- Draw compelling visualizations (animations, graphs, cross-sections, maps, …)
- Rapidly learn – about new technologies, the possibilities of SAR and InSAR and related data for mapping onto stability issues and displacement modes
- Work closely with geoscientists and engineering domain experts at customers and partners
- Work closely with our InSAR Engineers in the Data Pipeline team – who deliver and configure the data sets
- Work accurately, with detail orientation
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data integration
- Inquisitive, keen to discover novel techniques
- Entrepreneurial, flexible and dynamic self-starter
- Communicative team player with visualization and technical writing skills
- M.Sc. or Ph.D., preferably in Geology or Geotechnical Engineering
- At least 3 years of working experience as a Geotechnical Engineering domain expert
- Knowledge and experience with technical computing software
- Understand combination of various datasets in the context of mine geotechnical management
- Hands-on experience with conventional GIS and related software as used by customers, remote sensing or surveying methods is a plus
SkyGeo is a next generation Earth Observation company. Our global data feed starts on a satellite and provides millimeter-accurate displacement data to customers all over the world.
Our processing engine and our InSAR-based displacement data is fundamentally changing the way our customers look at their assets. We help people manage their assets for the long term and we provide early warnings for prevention of environmental disasters.
Working for SkyGeo is inspiring and challenges you to excel. You will have an opportunity to grow and innovate since the company is at the forefront of InSAR, computational techniques and mapping data onto real world problems.